If you are looking for yummy homemade treats to make, that are child friendly, Strawberry and custard lollies will do the trick! Get the kids’ creative juices flowing when creating these yummy lollies. A garden Tea party would be the perfect occasion for these Strawberry and custard lollies. A refreshing, tasty treat that everyone can enjoy.
Here is what you will need
- 400g of hulled Strawberries
- 150g of custard
- Puree the hulled strawberries in a food processor or liquidiser then press through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in the ready-made custard and mix until smooth.
- Pour into 6 lolly moulds, add lolly sticks and freeze overnight.
- To serve, dip moulds briefly in warm water then lift out of the moulds.
Remember that stimulation of the mind is an essential part of the growth process for kids. Baking and cooking create problem-solving and creativity skills. Teaching your children skills and safety in the kitchen is great, it makes one feel helpful and needed. By doing this you are developing their intelligence and initiative. One day this will make a huge difference in their lives as well your own. Your children are also great company in the kitchen and offer endless conversation. Relationship building is a key factor in this whole scenario.