Easy Microwave Milk Tart Pudding
Such an easy, yummy and economical dessert to make. It’s so simple to make and the best part is the fact that it is kid-proof as well.
Serves 6 – 8
Ingredients Milk Tart Pudding:
1 x 397 g tin condensed milk
900 ml low-fat milk
15 g butter or margarine
65 ml cornflour
1 egg, beaten
60 ml low-fat milk (extra)
200 g packet Tennis biscuits
Method Milk Tart Pudding:
1. Place condensed milk, 900 ml milk and butter into a large bowl, and microwave on 100% power for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
2. Mix cornflour, egg and 60 ml milk to a paste.
3. Add some of the hot mixture to the cornflour, then quickly return it all back to the hot mixture.
4. Microwave on 100% power for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring each minute with a whisk. Cook until thickened. Remove whisk whilst microwaving.
5. Line the base of a 25 cm square container with Tennis biscuits, pour over mixture.
6. Crumb the remaining biscuits in the food processor or mini chopper, and scatter over surface of pudding.
7. Dust with cinnamon.
8. Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before cutting into squares for serving.
• Use 1 small naartjie or clementine, grate rind, and add to milk mixture when cooking in step 1.