Marie Biscuit Fridge Cake
This no-bake Marie Biscuit Fridge Cake recipe is very economical, and can be whipped up in a flash. This is a great recipe using ingredients which you normally have to hand in the store cupboard and fridge. Marie Biscuit fridge cake is a lifesaver when you have to make something on the turn!
Makes 16 – 24 squares
- 1 x packet Marie biscuits
- 125g butter or hard margarine (125 ml)
- 260g icing sugar (500 ml)
- 15 ml cocoa
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Break biscuits into the bowl of a food processor which has been fitted with the double-knife stainless-steel blade.
- Process until fine.
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa together, and stir into melted butter or margarine.
- Stir in quickly the egg and vanilla essence.
- Lastly add in Marie biscuit crumbs, and mix well.
- Press into a greased 22 – 24 cm square container.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Tip: • Double the recipe for a larger yield when catering for a crowd.