Great flavours combine in this one-pot meal, this All–In-One Mince Casserole is quick and ever-so-tasty. A dish like this is perfect for those winter days.
- 500 g minced beef, pork or lamb
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 125 g uncooked rice (125 ml)
- 300 ml beef stock
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 250 g fresh green beans, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml chutney or
- 75 g seedless raisins (125 ml)
- 30 ml fresh chopped parsley
- Brown mince in heated cooking oil in a medium saucepan until it changes colour.
- Add in onion and green pepper, and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add in uncooked rice, beef stock and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low to medium heat on a hob for 30 – 35 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is cooked through.
- Recipe may be placed into a covered casserole dish and microwaved on 100 % power for 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Mix well and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.