Fabulous Sticky Chicken
A true family favourite and an ideal meal for busy moms. Fabulous Sticky Chicken is a go-to meal no matter the occasion. This dish serves 4 – 6 people.
- 8 chicken pieces; thighs are good!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml Coke Lite/Zero
- 125 ml tomato sauce
- 125 ml fruit chutney
- 1 packet brown onion soup
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/ 160ºC fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- Place chicken pieces in an ovenproof dish and lightly season.
- In a large jug or bowl, mix all the other ingredients. Pour over the chicken pieces.
- Bake: for approximately 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Combination/Solar Dom: 200°C + 50% microwave, for 20 – 25 minutes. Microwave: Cook on 100% power for 15 – 18 minutes. Please note that chicken cooked in the oven will be stickier than microwaved chicken.
- Baste the chicken midway through cooking.
- Serve with brown rice, and a salad, or steamed vegetables.
• For an adult flavour: add 5 cm fresh ginger root, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, crushed; 1 small red chilli, finely sliced and 25 ml soy sauce. Sauté ginger, garlic and chilli in 15 ml cooking oil. Add in step 3.