These mushroom enchiladas are delicious made with mushrooms and corn. Add the chilli to taste. Hotter or milder, any way you make these they will be snapped up.
– 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
– 100 g brown mushrooms, sliced
– 30 ml cooking oil
– 1 green chilli, chopped
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 250 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
– 200 ml corn kernels
– 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
– 4 – 6 tortillas
– 30 g butter or margarine (30 ml)
– 15 g cake flour (30 ml)
– 250 ml vegetable stock
– 150 ml sour cream or crème fraiche
– Parsley, to garnish
1. Heat a non-stick pan and sauté mushrooms in oil until softened; about 3 – 4 minutes.
2. Add chilli and onion and toss through for about a minute.
3. Stir in ¾ of the cheese, corn and red pepper strips and mix through.
4. Divide the mushroom mixture between the tortillas, spreading down the middle of each tortilla. Roll them closed like a pancake.
5. Place in an ovenproof dish with the joins facing downwards.
6. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for about 30 seconds. Gradually beat in the hot stock and cook until thickened. Stir in the sour cream or crème fraiche and season to taste; or make the sauce in a microwave-proof jug on 100% power for 3 – 5 minutes.
7. Spoon the sauce over the tortillas; sprinkle remaining cheese over and bake at 180ºC/160ºC fan/
Gas mark 4 for about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
8. Garnish with parsley.