Quick and easy! Barlotti Bean & Lentil Soup is a weeknight throw-it-all-together soup. Very nutritious and packed with energy. Make it and keep those compliments coming.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 820 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 g tin lentils, drained (410 g)
- 1 x 400 g tin Barlotti beans, drained (410 g)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Ciabatta or French bread, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Sauté carrots, celery, onions and garlic, until onions are translucent. Stir frequently.
- Add in the tomatoes and stock; stir well. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the drained lentils and beans, stir well and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the pulses have heated through.
- Season well and serve with sliced bread on the side.