Winter – Butternut Soup
There’s nothing like a good soup to usher in winter – try this butternut soup.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Chickpeas – canned, drained and rinsed
- ½ Onion, raw – sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Cups Cooked Butternut
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tsp Ginger Root
- 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 Tsp Clove, ground
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt – or to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, ground – or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Heat oil and butter in a pot, and sauté chickpeas, onion, and garlic until soft. Mix in spices and set aside to cool.
- When completely cooled, add all ingredients except for the cream. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and add 1/2 cup of cream. Simmer for 10 mins and enjoy!