Banana Caramel Tart
Who doesn’t love this combination? Banana and caramel when paired up this become a winner of a dessert. It is relatively quick to make this dessert; it does not use many ingredients, therefore is excellent to whip up for those unexpected dinner guests. This recipe serves 6-8.
- 1 packet Tennis biscuits
- 125 g melted butter or margarine (125 ml)
- 1 x 397 g tin caramelized condensed milk
- 2 – 3 bananas, not overripe
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250 ml cream or low-fat cream
- 1 small Flake chocolate bar
- Crush Tennis biscuits using a mini chopper or food processor. Add in melted butter and pulse to mix well.
- Press into a 20 – 22cm pie plate, working up the sides and on the base to form a secure shell. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Spread the tin of caramelized condensed milk over the base.
- Peel and slice bananas; toss in lemon juice and arrange over caramel.
- Whip cream with a small electric hand beater until peaks form; spread over bananas to cover and top with a crushed Flakie or sieve over a little powdered cocoa.
Tips and tricks:
- Place un-skinned bananas in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over and wait one minute. The skins turn black; remove from water and cool down before peeling. This will stop bananas from discoloring.
- If the presentation is key for you place the crushed biscuits into small jars or glasses or cups then add top with condensed milk and bananas and finish off with whipped cream.