Super-healthy brown rice and spinach salad full of nutty flavour is a great combination of vegetables and the added sweetness from the raisins just gives it that extra flavour boost your taste buds need. The best part of this brown rice and spinach salad is that you can add anything you want to it, extra vegetables, fruit, seeds, and meat. It’s a worthy option to serve as a side at a braai. It is so quick and easy to make, healthy and nutritious. This dish can serve up to 6 people.
- 330 g cooked brown rice (500 ml)
- 1 x 200 g bag fresh spinach, very finely chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, wiped and cut into quarters
- ½ yellow, red and green pepper, finely chopped
- 75 g raisins (125 ml)
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 50 ml finely chopped parsley
- 50 g coarsely chopped pecan nuts (125 ml)
- 60 ml olive or coconut oil
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix together gently all ingredients for the salad. Pour whisked-together dressing over the salad. Toss salad with two forks.
- Place into a shallow salad bowl or on a suitable platter.
- Refrigerate until required.
Yip, it’s that simple – enjoy.