Festive Baby Spinach and Cranberry Salad
Jewel-like colours with this Festive Baby Spinach and Cranberry Salad in this salad, together with the crunch of almonds and crisp baby spinach, all combine very well. We love this salad as it is a good, healthy option of a salad to serve at our family gatherings.
- 110 g slivered almonds (185 ml)
- 320 g fresh baby spinach (4 x 80 g packets)
- 120 g dried cranberries (250 ml)
- 25 ml toasted sesame seeds or honeyed seeds
- 15 ml poppy seeds
- 50 ml brown sugar or coconut palm sugar or 40 ml honey
- 10 ml minced onion
- 2 ml paprika
- 60 ml white wine vinegar or verjuice
- 30 ml cider vinegar
- 150 ml olive oil
- Microwave almonds on 100% power for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir two or three times until lightly toasted. Allow to cool.
- Combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, vinegar and oil.
- Arrange salad ingredients into an attractive salad bowl.
- Pour the seeded dressing over immediately before serving; toss lightly.