This Christmas turkey with stuffing recipe done in the microwave is fantastic as it can be done in less than two hours from start to finish. The Turkey remains juicy and tender with a perfectly golden skin.
- 1 medium sized defrosted Turkey
- Seasoning of choice
- Stuffing see below
- Chicken spice
- Thinly sliced bacon
- 100g Melted butter
Festive Pork and apple Stuffing for under the skin
- 250g Pork sausage meat
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- Brandy/Lemon juice
- 200g of Finely chopped green apples
- All spice
- 1 egg beaten
Mix all of the above ingredients together until well combined.
Pecan and raisin stuffing for the Cavity
- 125g melted butter
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 500ml breadcrumbs
- 60g raisins
- 100g pecan nuts
- 2 eggs beaten
- Zest of lemon.
Cook the butter, onion, and celery on 100% power for 2 minutes then mix in the other ingredients and stuff the turkey cavity.
To prepare the Turkey
- Rinse and remove the insides of the turkey and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare the stuffing’s.
- Add the Pecan and raisin stuffing to the cavity.
- Secure the legs with string.
- Gently lift the Turkey skin from the Turkey meat by placing your finger under the skin and pressing gently until loosened. Add the Pork stuffing under the skin and press until the top of the bird is filled.
- Season the Turkey and brush it with butter.
- Then place the bacon slices across the whole turkey securing it with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place the Turkey onto the grill plate that comes with the LG Neo chef
- Place the Turkey into the Microwave and select the combination cook and set the timer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 20mintues slice and enjoy!