These Chinese Style Chicken Skewers make a delicious addition to your Braai. Because they are packed with flavour and can be prepared in advance for easy cooking. The whole family will love these as they are easy to eat with no mess or bones. This recipe can be found in the At home with Hirsch’s recipe book, it is filled with many great microwave-friendly meals.
Ingredients for the Chinese Style Chicken Skewers
- Deboned chicken breasts
- Bamboo Skewers
- 30ml of Sesame oil
- 20ml of Soy Sauce
- 10ml of Wholegrain mustard
- 60g of Honey
- 2 Whole Star Anise
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients into a glass dish.
- Add your cubed chicken pieces to the marinade and marinate for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator stirring occasionally.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning
- Placed the chicken cubes onto the bamboo skewers.
- Preheat the grill or prepare your braai and cook the skewers for 8-10 minutes turning 4 times, until golden brown. Continue brushing with the marinade.
- We recommend serving them with a fresh cabbage coleslaw and chargrilled red peppers, enjoy!