This Prawns-To-Be-Wild With Penne Pasta makes the perfect meal for a dinner party. It can be cooked in less than 12 minutes and is a favourite among all guests.
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Serves 4 as a light meal, or starter
Ingredients for Prawns-To-Be-Wild With Penne
-1 clove garlic, chopped
-60 ml chopped flat-leafed parsley
-30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
-Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
-20 medium sized prawns, shelled
-200 g penne pasta (500 ml)
-15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
-5 ml butter
-1 small onion, finely chopped
-250 ml frozen peas, thawed
-250 ml dry white wine (optional)
1. Place garlic, parsley and 30 ml olive oil in a large bowl.
2. Add the prawns; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil; add salt, to taste.
4. Add the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the bag (usually 10 – 12 minutes).
5. Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan; sauté the onion over medium-heat, until translucent. Add the prawns, with the marinade and peas; stir for 30 seconds.
6. Turn up the heat; cook until prawns turn pink, and moisture is reduced by about half. Check the seasoning.
7. Add cooked pasta to the pan.
8. Stir gently; serve immediately in either heated bowls, or on large-rimmed plates.
Want more exciting recipes? Check out our His & Hirsch’s Cook Book packed full of delicious dishes just for you! Shop your favourite kitchen essentials here and read our blog for more exciting recipes, news, events and more.