Make the perfect Hot Cross Buns this Easter Weekend, filled with Cinnamon and spice. These hot cross buns are incredibly soft and paired with the spiced honey butter they make a perfect treat. Let us know how it tastes with your fantastic pictures!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
- 500 g cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 20 g (2 sachets) dry yeast
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 11/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch cloves
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 250ml cream or full cream milk
- 125 ml raisins
- 5 tbls Flour
- 140 g Soft butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a sticky, soft dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough into a bowl and cover with clingfilm or a damp cloth then allow to rise for 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, remove from the bowl and knead in the raisins. Return to the bowl, cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Form dough balls roughly the size of golf balls out of the risen dough and place in a circular pattern on the prepared baking tray. Mix together 5 tbls of flour and 3-4 tbls of water and pipe crosses onto the buns.
- Allow to rise for another 30 minutes then place in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow to bake for 25-30 minutes until the hot cross buns are golden brown and cooked through.
- While the buns are baking, combine 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar to make the glaze in a small saucepan and allow to come to a boil.
- When the buns have baked, remove them from the oven and immediately brush the glaze over the top.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- For the spiced honey butter, simply beat together 150 g butter, 3 tbls of honey and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon then serve with the warm hot cross buns.
- Put your hot cross buns in an Airfryer at 180 degrees for two minutes for a more toasty appeal