Crunchy and gooey Honey Nut Popcorn, this is a wonderful treat to enjoy while watching your favourite movie or TV series.
Makes about 750 ml popcorn
Ingredients for the Honey Nut Popcorn
625 ml pre-popped popcorn using a popcorn machine
100 ml honey
45 ml dark brown sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
50 ml peanut or almond nut butter
Pinch sea salt
125 ml peanuts, macadamias, or slivered almonds
- Using the popcorn-machine, pop the popcorn according to directions. Set popcorn aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
- Grease a large baking tray.
- Place honey and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly until the mixture simmers and sugar has melted.
- Stir in the vanilla, nut butter and salt.
- Mix the popcorn and peanuts together in a large ovenproof bowl and pour the melted honey sauce on top.
- Toss well to coat.
- Spread out on the prepared baking tray and bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Equipment: Measuring cups and spoons, saucepan, spatula, silicone spoon, large mixing bowl, baking tray, pastry brush for greasing, oven gloves, metal lifter, serving dish.