Ingredients for the Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
- 200 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 80 g butter, melted Filling:
- 500 g thick cream cheese
- 125 ml castor sugar
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Berries for decorating
For the base
- Combine the biscuits and melted butter ,and mix well.
- Press the biscuit mix into the base of an 18 cm greased spring-form pan.
- Place in the freezer.
For the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric food mixer.
- Whisk together until smooth then Add the lemon rind and juice.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base.
- Wrap the base and sides of the pan in a double layer of foil.
- Cut a long foil strip to act as a handle to lower and raise the pan in the pressure cooker.
- Place the trivet on the base of the pressure cooker.
- Add 500 ml water. Lower the pan onto the trivet.
- Seal the pressure cooker
- . Set on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- . Quick release the pressure and remove the pan from the cooker using the foil handles.
- Remove the foil from the pan.
- Blot up with paper towel any liquid that may have formed on the surface of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until well chilled.
- Remove from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Decorate with berries.
- Use the mini chopper/food processor or NutriBullet to crush biscuits.
- Equipment: Sharp knife, food processor or mini chopper for crushing biscuits, small bowl to microwave butter, wooden spoon, 18 cm spring-form pan, electric food mixer, aluminium foil, measuring cups and spoons, scale, paper towel, oven gloves, serving plate, food lifter.