Spoil Mom this Mother’s day with this delicious Banana Coconut French Toast recipe. This recipe is the perfect breakfast in bed treat for Mom this Mother’s day.
Ingredients for the Banana Coconut French Toast
- 1 Very ripe banana
- 380ml Coconut milk
- 5ml Ground cinnamon
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 2.5ml Salt
- 1 Loaf of crusty bread of your choice
- Toppings of choice – We used Maple syrup and berries
- If you are using a full loaf of bread, cut it into slices around 2cm thick. This should give you a properly browned outside while retaining a soft, custardy inside. We make our batter in a square Pyrex dish as it is the perfect size to dip the bread in accurately.
- Start by mashing up the banana with a fork. Mash until it turns into a liquid puree.
- Then add in the can of full-fat coconut milk. Mix the banana and coconut milk together, then add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Next Start warming up your non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- One at a time, dunk your bread slices into the batter, allowing them to soak on each
side for about 10 seconds, and then load them into the skillet
- As soon as one side becomes golden brown, flip, wait, remove, and repeat
- Then serve and top with fresh berries, and a liberal amount of maple syrup.