In a hurry, or watching your weight? This Jiffy Beef Stroganoff is the perfect, quick meal to make. Try serving it with some freshly steamed vegetables for a healthy alternative.
Serves 4 – 6
Ingredients for the Jiffy Beef Stroganoff
- 800 g beef chuck, rump or topside cut into stir-fry strips
- 30 ml cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 500 g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 packet spring onions, chopped
- 5 ml paprika
- 50 ml parsley, chopped
- 500 ml beef stock
- 15 ml prepared Dijon mustard
- 200 g crème fraiche
- 25 ml freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat on the hob; add in oil or spray with cooking spray.
2. When very hot, quickly stir-fry beef strips in batches for 1 – 2 minutes until all meat is browned. Remove, and keep warm. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add mushrooms, onions and spring onions into the pan. Sauté for 5 – 6 minutes until onion is translucent.
4. Add in paprika, 50 ml parsley, beef stock and mustard. Heat to boiling.
5. Return meat to the pan; add in crème fraiche. Check seasoning. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
6. Serve immediately with brown rice, noodles or new potatoes. Try serving in pita bread for a change or with a green salad or steamed mange tout.