There is nothing like sipping a steaming hot soup, try this simple Carrot And Coriander Soup, to keep warm and toasty this Autumn. Soup not only takes the bite out of a frosty night, it’s also a fuss-free way to get dinner on the table quickly. They freeze well and soups are great if you want to meal prep lunches or dinners in advance.
Whip up a batch on the weekend, and you can stash half in the freezer to enjoy later.
- 15ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 5ml Ground coriander (dhania)
- 1 Potato, chopped
- 450ml Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.2 Litre Vegetable stock
- Handful of coriander (dhania)
• Heat 5ml vegetable oil in a large pan, add 1 chopped onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened.
• Stir in ground coriander and potatoes, then cook for 1 minute.
• Add carrots and stock, bring to the boil.
• Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
• Tip into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth (you may need to do
this in two batches). Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.
If you enjoy healthy homemade meals but have a busy schedule, you’ll love our Philips Daily Compact Food Processor. We’ve designed this compact collection especially for hectic lives. You can quickly and effortlessly prepare great dishes.