Warm-up with this delicious Butternut Soup With Apple And Sage Croutons which is perfect for Winter. This soup is loaded with Vitamin A, C and Iron. The Instantpot makes quick work of this recipe and is a perfect winter warmer favourite.
Ingredients For The Butternut Soup With Apple And Sage Croutons
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1000ml butternut squash
- 500ml vegetable stock
- A large apple, peeled and cored
- 10ml Paprika, 5ml for topping
- 5ml sage
- Seasoning to taste
For The Soup:
- Set the Instant pot to the sauté function and heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and squash along with the other seasoning and sauté until fragrant. The onions will become slightly soft. This should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 15minutes
- Then using a stick blender or food processor blend until a fine creamy soup consistency has formed.
The Apple Croutons:
- Slice the cored apple into slices, you can use a peeler for extra thin slices. toss in some olive oil, sage and salt and pepper and place them in the air fryer. Cook for 5minutes on 180*C until golden and crisp.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl, lightly dust with the extra 5ml of paprika and top with the apple croutons.