This Easy Homemade Mielie Bread will become your new favourite bread to bake. It goes well on its own with fresh butter or as a side dish. This recipe doesn’t require kneading or time to rise as it contains no yeast. Lynne Starkey shared her family recipe.
Ingredients For The Easy Homemade Mielie Bread
- 1 Small 500g self raising flour
- 50ml Sugar
- 5ml of salt
- 30ml Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- 1 Tin of Creamed Sweet Corn, you can substitute for frozen or canned corn.
- 200g Grated Cheese
- 1 Grated Onion
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Optional extras: Cherry tomatoes, Chopped olives and mixed cheeses.
- Prepare the dry ingredients by mixing the flour, sugar, salt and Parsley
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, milk and oil and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well
- Then add the onion, corn and half of the cheese to the mixture and mix.
- Spoon out into a well oiled bread loaf tin and bake at 180* C for 1 hour or until golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!