Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta With Toasted Walnuts is comfort food at its best. Cook it up in less than half and hour and be the star of the dinner table. We love using the Bosch food processor to create the easy basil pesto recipe.
Ingredients for the Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta With Toasted Walnuts
500g of Pasta of choice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g Parmesan, plus extra to dust on top
- 60ml of Olive oil
- Start by cooking the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water
- In a dry pan toast the walnuts be careful not to burn them
- Place all of the basil pesto ingredients into a food processor until a creamy pesto has formed
- Once the pasta has cooked drain the pasta then toss the pesto through the pasta until coated throughout. Top with some extra Parmesan and basil leaves.
Extra tip: For a more decadent pasta add 250ml of cream to the pesto pasta while on the heat.