What better time of year than now to enjoy this Fresh Orange Tart. It is filled with fresh tart orange juice making it the perfect Spring time treat. Try it today using the Jamie Oliver baking range.
Ingredients for the Fresh Orange Tart
- 11/4 Cups flour
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- Cold water
- 11/2 Cups of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Fresh Orange Juice
- Fresh Orange slices
- Start off by preparing your tart crust. In a food Processor pulse together the flour and salt. Add butter and pulse until the mixture forms a crumb like texture. Slowly add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a wheel shape with the palm of your hand. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. After 1 hour roll out to fit the tart tin and place it into the tin. Remember to cut of any excess dough around the edges of the tin. Pre Bake for 30minutes at 180*C.
- Next prepare the filling by mixing the Sugar, Flour, Orange zest and eggs with a whisk or stand mixer. Once combined add the orange juice and mix until well combined.
- Then pour the mixture into the tart case making sure to only fill to the crust line. Decorate with fresh oranges slices and then bake the tart for 30 minutes at 180*C.
- Allow to cool, serve and enjoy!