This Potato Salad With Toasted Mustard Seeds And Dill is the perfect side dish to your braai. The fresh herbs and aromatics add a different flavour to your standard potato salad.
Ingredients: Potato Salad With Toasted Mustard Seeds And Dill
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 /2cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 30g of Mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot until fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Into a dry pan add your mustard seeds and allow them to toast until the aromatics have developed
- Whisk the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, mustard seeds, garlic, salt and pepper together until well blended.
- Then place potatoes in a large bowl. Pour in sauce mixture. Toss to coat and garnish with dill.
- Baby potatoes can be used instead of normal yellow potatoes.
- You can also experiment with different variants of herbs and spices.
- Try adding grated cheddar cheese on top