These Air Fried Churros from the Philips NutriU App are simply delicious. They are traditionally fried in oil but you can simply perfect these in your air fryer. Serve them with a home made chocolate sauce.
- 240ml Water
- 2 Table spoons of sugar
- 0.5 Teaspoons of salt
- 125g all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 30g sugar
- 0.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine the water, butter, sugar and salt into a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and gradually add the flour while continuously stirring. Continue until thick and smooth.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly mix in the eggs one at at time.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe with a star tip onto a board or plate. Pipe 5cm long churros or the length of your choice. Freeze until firm.
- Transfer the churros into the air fryer and bake for 14 minutes at 190*C
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon into a plate. Brush the baked churros with the melted butter and roll into the sugar mixture. Serve with your favourite chocolate sauce and enjoy!