If you love green tea then you will love these Green Matcha Blondies. Matcha tea powder is naturally high in antioxidants and many other health benefits. Making these blondies delicious with an added health kick. These green matcha blondies are also easy to whip up for a Saint Paddy’s day themed celebration.
Ingredients For The Green Matcha Blondies
- 185 g white chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 25 g Matcha powder
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80 g flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 80 g chopped almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- On a double boiler, melt butter and white chocolate.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in matcha powder and sugar.
- Once mixed and cooled slightly, whisk in the eggs one by one until thoroughly combined.
- Sift and stir in flour and salt.
- Add in chopped almonds and mix well for extra texture.
- Put it in a 20cm by 20cm baking tin, lined with baking paper, and bake it in the oven for 25 mins.
- Once done, leave to cool before cutting.
Tips and additions
- Swap out the white chocolate for dark chocolate for an even more decadent experience.
- Bake the brownies in a round baking tin for a cake like slice.
- If the green colour is not to your liking dip these in melted dark chocolate or add some cocoa powder to your recipe.