Foodie friends Cindy & Claire love experimenting and perfecting their favourite recipes in the Instant Pot, so much so that they have started their new business venture At Our Table to share their knowledge of the amazing capabilities of this fantastic product and recently invited Luci Hirsch to lunch to see how it is done.
Instant Pot is the world’s bestselling multi-cooker that combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice maker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer and yoghurt maker. What sets Instant Pot apart is the advanced microprocessor technology and one-touch controls that ensure perfect results every time – it even remembers the way you cook!
Instant Pot Baked Cheesecake
- ½ packet of digestive biscuits (approx. 9)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 500g cream cheese
- 160mls sugar
- 2Tbsp corn starch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Finely crush biscuits and mix with melted butter, sugar and salt. Line your tin with baking paper and press into the base of a spring form tin.
- Mix your cheesecake mixture using an electric beater or mixer and beat until smooth.
- Make sure that your trivet is in place and add a cup of water into the base of the Instant Pot. Gently lower your tin until the base is resting on the trivet.
- (Tip: Make a foil sling to lower the cake pan into the pot)
- Set your Instant Pot to “High Pressure” for 26 mins. Let it “slow release” for a further 10 mins before doing a “fast release” and removing. Blot gently with kitchen towel should there be some moisture on top of the cheesecake.
- Leave in the fridge for approx. 4 hours to set.
- Top with berry coulis, grated chocolate or even fresh berries as desired.