This mini pancake bowl recipe, made from teeny tiny mini pancakes using the Smeg Hand Mixer, is so much fun to make for Father’s Day brekkie in bed and heaven in a bowl alongside some fresh fruit, yoghurt, and honey. They’re crispy on the outside, soft in the centre and so versatile you can serve them with anything you want!
- 250g plain flour
- 180g milk
- 20g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp dried yeast
- 5g salt
- 150g strawberries
- 4 ripe & ready nectarines
- 1/2 a sweet orange melon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g full cream plain yoghurt
- Wild blossom Honey
- Prepare your fruit by chopping into evenly sized chunks and set aside in the fridge.
- Combine the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Mix with a spoon and set aside.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to a second bowl and whisk using your Smeg Hand Mixer (with the whisk attachments) at speed 5, until combined.
- Gradually add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until the pancake batter is smooth and velvety.
- Let the pancake batter for rest at least 20 minutes
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag. Alternatively, use a Ziplock bag by cutting a tiny hole at an angle in the bottom corner of the bag to pipe the mini pancakes into the frying pan
- Heat your non-stick Smeg Frying Pan, and as soon as it is hot, pipe the small dots of batter into the frying pan.
- Cook until the tops form bubbles and look set/dry. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden on the undersides. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly greasing your pan between each batch.
- In a bowl, mix the mini pancakes with the sliced fruit, spoon over the Greek yoghurt and honey to taste.
- Serve and enjoy your Mini Pancake Bowl.