Lip-Smacking Lasagne Soup
This lip-smacking lasagne soup made in the Instant Vortex Oven is the epitome of comfort food. We absolutely love this recipe Mariza from Life In The South developed for us. Filled with all the things we love about lasagne in a quick and easy-to-put-together meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 250g lasagne sheets broken into medium sized pieces
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small red onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- oregano dried, 1tsp
- basil dried, 1tsp
- thyme dried, 1tsp
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Olive oil to fry
- 1 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- sundried tomato pesto, 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 600ml liquid cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock (more if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried bacon for topping
- Fried halloumi for topping
- Fresh herbs for topping
- Fresh bread
- Heat your Vortex on bake to 170 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Add a generous dollop of olive oil to your baking dish of choice, add in the diced onion, garlic
and herbs and place in the oven to caramelise a bit.
- Remove, stir and add in the meat, let it cook for 5 minutes before removing again to stir, add
in a bit of salt to taste, and then add in the rest of the soup ingredients, and half of the lasagne
noodles. Let it cook for ten minutes, making sure the noodles are covered.
- After 10 minutes add the rest of the noodles if you like and then add the cream or coconut milk, let
it cook for 25-30 minutes stirring every now and again to make sure the noodles don’t stick
- While the soup is bubbling away, place the bacon and halloumi in a baking dish, drizzle with
olive oil and place on the bottom rack of the vortex oven to crisp up.
- Switch the baking to grill for 5-8 minutes.
- When the noodles are soft, test to see if you need to add more salt, and serve the soup with
crispy bacon and fried halloumi, fresh herbs, more cream and crispy bread on the side.
If you don’t have a vortex oven you can simply swop over and make this recipe in any oven using a pot.