This garlic and parsley Christmas pull-apart bread is festive, easy to make and great to share with the family when cuddled up for Christmas movies or even a simple self-serve starter for a dinner party! It’s a basic dough which can be used to make plain bread rolls, filled rolls with different ingredients kitkeh, foccacia., mini naans and koeksusters.
4X 250 ml sifted Cake flour
5 ml salt
1 pkt INSTANT dried yeast.
50 ml sugar
60 g softened butter
1 beaten egg
1. 1/4 to 1.1/2 milk at room temperature
- Sift flour into large bowl, add salt dried yeast and sugar and gently stir.
- Add butter and mix like bread crumbs
- Add beaten egg and milk combined slowly to form a soft dough.
You can make the dough in a food processor.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl covered and allow to double in size
To prepare and bake
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Take pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Place on a greased oven tray.
- Shape into a Christmas tree.
- Allow to rise for 10 minutes
- Place in pre heated oven and bake until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool.
Melted Garlic butter.
Green and black olives.
Rosemary for a festive look.
Place the baked bread onto a board.
Lightly brush with Garlic infused butter.
Garnish and serve your garlic and parsley Christmas pull-apart bread!
Read more recipes here!
Browse some of our kitchen gadgets that will take the stress out of Christmas baking here!