Stunning fresh summery flavors. A great recipe to take on a picnic or to share with friends.
Serves 4 – 6
- ½ recipe cheese pastry
- 150 ml cream
- 150 ml milk
- 3 large eggs plus one egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, roughly grated
- 1 bunch fresh green asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tin artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 6.
2. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface, and line a 24 cm tart tin.
3. Chill for 10 minutes. Bake blind for 15 – 20 minutes until the pastry is golden.
4. Mix together cream, milk, eggs and egg yolk, salt and pepper. Add in approximately 80 g Parmesan cheese.
5. Arrange asparagus spears and artichoke hearts over the base of the tart.
6. Reset oven to 150ºC/130ºC fan/Gas mark 2.
7. Pour over milk and egg mixture; top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the custard has almost set.
9. Cool slightly and serve with a crisp, green salad.
Click here to read over our crowd-pleasing Cheeseburger Recipe.
Stock up on kitchen essentials here –> www.hirschs.co.za